The resolution Center (NE)

From WikiMediation

Jump to: navigation, search


[edit] General Information

  • Official name: The resolution Center (NE)
  • Country: USA
  • City: Beatrice
  • Type of organization: Non-profit organization
  • Date of creation: -
  • Interests: Mediation - Training
  • Fields of expertise: Family, Business, Civil, Educational (…) Disputes

[edit] Overview

The resolution Center is a non-profit corporation with over thirty trained mediators serving sixteen counties in Southeast Nebraska. The resolution Center is one of six mediation centers approved by the Nebraska Supreme Court and funded through grants, tax-deductible donations and user fees.

In compliance with standards established by the American Bar Association, Nebraska State Law, and national mediation organizations, the resolution Center provides mediation for family, business, civil, educational and other disputes; providing training in dispute resolution and negotiation skills; and providing facilitators for group planning and dispute resolution.

The resolution Center is member of:

The resolution Center provides services in these following counties: Butler, Cass, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Polk, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, York.

[edit] Services

[edit] Types of Mediation

  • Family Matters
  • Business and Consumer
  • Restorative Justice
  • Special Education
  • Small Claims

[edit] Family Matters / Intergenerational Issues between Parent and Child / Elder Care / Divorce / Custody/Visitation / Parenting Plans

When parents can’t care for themselves sometimes siblings are in disagreement over alternative options for their parents' care. Mediation can assist the family members in deciding what the best option is for their loved ones, such as, assisted living complex, nursing home, home health care, or possibly a sibling or siblings could take on the responsibility for care.

[edit] Business and Consumer

Disputes between:

  • Creditor – Debtor
  • Landlord –Tenant
  • Neighbor – Neighbor
  • Employment and work place concerns
  • Employer – Employee
  • Other Civil Matters

[edit] Restorative Justice

Restorative Justice is a different approach to justice Victim/Offender Mediation, a process where the victim(s) of a criminal act and the offender(s) can voluntarily meet with each other face to face. The purpose of this process is to provide a safe environment in which:

  • Victim(s) and offender(s) can communicate directly about how the crime affected them;
  • The victim(s) can ask questions of the offender(s);
  • Emotions can be expressed and acknowledged;
  • If appropriate restitution can be negotiated.

[edit] Special Education

Special Education is another way to work together for the education of our children Issues that can be mediated:

  • Disagreements concerning the identification, evaluation, educational placement, provisions for the free appropriate public education of learners with disabilities;
  • Communication problems among interested parties;
  • Strained relationships, between families and school districts and assessment of trust issues.

[edit] Small Claims

↑ A claim is filed in small claims court. The court sets a time and date to hear the case. ↑ The Resolution Center may contact each party by telephone or letter. ↑ The Resolution Center will confirm each party's interest in mediation and explain the mediation process and answer questions. ↑ The Resolution Center will identify the best time for each party to meet for mediation prior to the scheduled court date. ↑ The parties will meet with the mediator and sign a mediation agreement ensuring the confidentiality of the process. ↑ Each party will pay a mediation fee. ↑ Each party will follow the mediation process through to the written agreement and complete a short evaluation of the mediation experience. ↑ If the parties successfully reaches a written agreement, copies of the agreement will be made for each party, The Resolution Center and the Court. The party who filed the case may file to dismiss it or the agreement may be filed with the Court as a "stipulated judgment"; that is, subject to Court enforcement if the terms of the agreement are not kept. ↑ If a partial agreement can be achieved, the parties can request more time from the Court for further mediation. ↑ If for any reason mediation does not take place or an agreement cannot be reached, the judge will hear the case as originally scheduled.

[edit] Contact

5109 West Scott Road, Suite 414. Beatrice, NE 68310-7059 - USA

Tel: 402-223-6061 - 800-837-7826


Official Website

Personal tools
WikiMediation Partners